Map & Directions
From the north and northwest
From the Kennedy Expressway (I-90/I-94) exit at Jackson Boulevard and turn east. The Loop campus is approximately one mile from the expressway on Jackson Boulevard at State Street.
From the west
From the Eisenhower Expressway (I-290), continue toward downtown. As you approach the downtown area, the expressway becomes Congress Parkway. Turn left (north) on Dearborn Street, go two blocks to Jackson Boulevard and turn right (east). The Loop campus is one block east on Jackson Boulevard at State Street.
From the south
From the Dan Ryan Expressway (I-90/I-94) exit at Jackson Boulevard and turn east. The Loop campus is approximately one mile from the expressway on Jackson Boulevard at State Street.
From Lake Shore Drive (north or south) Exit Lake Shore Drive at Jackson Boulevard and turn west. Proceed to Michigan Avenue (100 east). Turn right on Michigan Avenue, go one block to Adams Street (200 south) and turn left. Go one block to Wabash Avenue (50 east) and turn left. Go one block to Jackson Boulevard.
By Public Transportation
Rapid Transit Lines All six rapid transit train lines service the downtown Chicago area and DePaul's Loop campus. From the subway trains, exit at Jackson Boulevard. From the elevated trains, exit at Adams Street/Wabash Avenue. These are the train lines servicing the Loop campus:
- Howard/Dan Ryan (Red)
- Evanston Express (Purple)
- Ravenswood (Brown)
- O'Hare/Congress/Douglas (Blue)
- Lake/Jackson Park/Englewood (Green)
- Midway/Loop (Orange)
Buses Bus routes interconnect throughout the city. These buses stop very near the Loop campus. All routes are subject to change by the CTA. You may contact the CTA at 312-836-7000 or 800-972-7000 or TDD (Hearing Impaired) 312-836-4949. For more information, visit http://www.transitchicago.com.
Metra Train Stations All Metra Train stations are located within a short walking distance (or cab ride) of the Loop campus:
- Union Station, Canal Street and Adams Street: Walk east on Adams Street until State Street. Turn right (south) for one block to Jackson Boulevard.
- Chicago & Northwestern Station, Canal Street and Madison Avenue: Walk east on Adams Street until State Street. Turn right (south) for three blocks to Jackson Boulevard.
- LaSalle Street Station, LaSalle Street and Congress Parkway: Walk east down Congress Parkway until you reach State Street. Turn left (north) for two blocks to Jackson Boulevard.
- Illinois Central Station (includes service for South Shore Line), Michigan Avenue and Van Buren Street: Walk north on Michigan Avenue for one block to Jackson Boulevard. Turn left (west) on Jackson Boulevard to State Street.