Rinn Law Library
Room Reservation Policy: Rare Book Room (Room 610)
The Rare Book Room, located on the north side of the 6th floor of the law library, is available primarily for university related events sponsored by College of Law (hereafter COL) staff, faculty, administration and officially recognized student organizations. With the exception of the university president’s office, all requests for university related events not sponsored by the COL must be approved by the Director of the Law Library.
University Event -A university-related event is one that is internally sponsored and led by a department, faculty member, student organization, or employee of DePaul for some benefit to the DePaul community.
Non-University Event: A non-university event is one that has no affiliation/association with DePaul University. Acceptable events include;
- Meetings, seminars and receptions sponsored and led by a member of the COL staff, administration or faculty; or an officially recognized COL student organization.
- Student organizations hosting events must complete a room reservation form, enter the event in the online calendar (see below for details), and have signature approval from the organization’s faculty advisor.
Non-University events and any event requiring registration payment, and/or admission costs, are NOT appropriate for the Rare Book room. Sponsors of such events should be referred to DePaul University Conference Services: (312) 362-8624
Reservations are not accepted less that 24 hours or more than two weeks before the event, unless approved by the Director of the Law Library.
Reservations are not accepted during the COL’s quiet study and final examinations periods, unless approved by the Director of the Law Library.
"Quiet study" is the period between the last official day of classes and the beginning of final exams.
Reservations for events of more than 25 people must be approved by the Director of the Law Library.
Before submitting the form, please make sure your event has been placed on the College of Law online calendar for room reservations. (Username: depaullaw - Password: law123) All requests MUST be made through the online room scheduler FIRST.
- In the Room Scheduler, select "Law Library" from the available locations.
- Go to the date you wish to reserve and place your cursor in the time grid, then press enter.
- A “Reservation Details” page will open. Complete the information requested, then hit save and close.
- The reservation is pending until the printed Student Organization Rare Book Room Request form is completed and turned into the Circulation Desk in the law library. You will receive email notification once it has been approved by the Director of the Law Library.