JD/Master in International & European Business Law
Students who recently participated in the JD/MIEBL program say it provided superb grounding in the study and practice of international and European business law. In particular, they note the wide range of knowledge and legal skills gained in business law and international business transactions.
- "The MIEBL has definitely been the highlight of my education. Partners from large international law firms taught many courses in the program. Their experience and knowledge made the classes very practical and interesting. In addition to the classroom experience, the MIEBL director helped me arrange an internship at a Spanish law firm, which allowed me to apply some of the knowledge gained throughout the program. Madrid is an amazing city and a great place to spend one year of law school. I would highly recommend the JD/MIEBL to anyone looking for international law experience."
– Erich Ekenstam, JD candidate '13
- "The JD/Master in International and European Business Law program offers a unique opportunity to learn from some of Spain's leading legal professionals and professors. By participating in this program, I not only gained a better understanding of international business law, I gained an understanding of how global issues impact international corporate practices. I highly recommend this program to any student that has an interest in international business law."
– Matt Dolinka, JD candidate '13
- "The Master in International and European Business Law offers students a practical and hands-on approach to international business law. You will experience a year in Madrid working in a fast-paced environment with some of Europe's top lawyers and legal practitioners. The curriculum provides a pragmatic approach to the subject, where face-to-face discussions and debates are almost a daily occurrence. The program goes well beyond the traditional lecture format by providing mock negotiations, mediation seminars, law firm tours and more. This unique fusion of legal education and business know-how aims to create the "business man's lawyer," a professional who can appreciate both the law and the complexities of international business."
– Alexander Wright, JD candidate '13