Master of Laws in Health Law
Established in 1986, DePaulís LL.M. in Health Law is considered one of the most competitive programs in the nation. Guided by outstanding full-time faculty and leading attorneys, the health law curriculum evolves as health care law and technology change, addressing the demand for lawyers with specialized credentials in this field. You also may earn course credit while gaining valuable practice experience through externships. Additionally, you may participate in programs conducted by the Health Law Institute.
Law Graduate Admissions Coordinator
DePaul University College of Law LL.M. Program Information
- International students who must comply with I-20 and visa requirements must complete the program in one year of full-time study.
- LL.M. students who are not on a visa or I-20 may attend classes on a full or part-time basis.
- Health Law and Intellectual Property programs may be completed in one to four years.
- Taxation and International Law programs may be completed in one to five years.
- LL.M. candidates must complete twenty-four (24) semester hours of course work and earn a minimum grade point average of 2.5.
- Financial Aid may be available with a minimum registration of three credit hours per semester
Health Law LL.M. Program
Required Courses for Health Law: One of the following worth a total of three (3) credit hours
- Masterís Thesis or
- Research Seminar or
- Independent Study
Elective Courses for Health Law worth a total of twenty-one (21) credit hours
- Assisted Reproduction & the Law
- Bioethics & the Law
- Elder Law
- Field Placement (with permission of director, second semester)
- Health Care Contracts
- Health Care Law & Regulations
- Health Care Privacy Law
- Health Care Reform Mini-Course
- Health Information & Technology
- Health Policy & the Law
- Insurance Law
- Labor Law
- Legal Clinic: Special Education
- Legal Drafting: Health Law
- Public Health & the Law
- Seminar: Children & the Law
- Seminar: Sexual Trafficking
- Seminar: Special Education
- Seminar: Same Sex Orientation & the Law
- Tax Exempt Organizations
- Women and the Law
*Course offerings and listings vary per semester. The College of Law reserves the right to change course listings.